There has been a lot written about education visas in Chiang Mai, and a lot of it is out of date. What follows will be an up to date summary of how to get an Education Visa.
Firstly the Education Visa is given to students who wish to study. The courses can vary but the most common is Thai Language. There is no sale of an student visa in Chiang Mai or anywhere else for that matter. That means if you sign up for a 1 year Education visa in Chiang Mai, you will be expected to attend the school. Failure to attend will mean your visa is revoked.
The Visa Process of the 1 Year Education Visa in Chiang Mai.
- Change to an ED inside Thailand- you must have a tourist or 30 day visa
- Apply at a nearby consul for the Non Immigrant eg. Laos Vientiane
- Apply in your home country before you arrive
After completing 1 of these steps you will have a single entry Non Immigrant ED visa valid for 90 days.
Once you have the Non Immigrant ED Visa the process in Chiang Mai is as follows;
- When the first visa is close to expiring you will extend it 90days
- Again when that visa is due to end another 90 day extension will be needed
- Finally the last 90 day extension to complete the 1 year visa.
Each time you extend you will need to attend the Chiang Mai Immigration and pay a fee of 1900 Baht.
How Assist Thai Visa can help you obtain your Ed Visa in Chiang Mai
We work with a range of different schools and offer a comprehensive service. Where we not only prepare all your paperwork, but we also organise all of your extensions. This means you can feel safe and secure and all the hassles are taken away. If you are interested in an Education Visa in Chiang Mai please contact us directly and we can give you your best options.
Assist Thai visa is Chiang Mai’s leading visa service provider